Each meeting is the first Saturday of the month and commences at 1:30pm at the Pennant Hills Community Centre (Cnr Yarrara & Ramsay Roads – next to the library).
Members are welcome to participate in critiquing sessions after each workshop. Feel free to bring along a poem or a page or two of your latest story.
A printable version of the programme is available here: 2018 EH FAW Programme
The printable version includes details of the structure of meetings, more information on each workshop, including warm-ups, internal competitions for paid up members, and notes on how to present your work when submitting it.
(Please note, sometimes unforeseen circumstance can lead to a need to adjust the programme content)
Julie Thorndyke – ‘Creative Nonfiction: true tales told with grace and power’
* Guest Workshop: Lesley Gibbes – ‘Crafting Picture Books’
*Workshop: Erina Booker – ‘The Craft of Poetry’
* Workshop: Laura Davis – ‘The Hero’s Journey: A Never-ending Story’
* Workshop: Kath Berryman – ‘Writing Fantasy and World Building’
* Book Sale 1: Bring your unwanted books and buy someone else’s.
* Workshop: Carmel Summers – ‘Why write poetry – and what to do with it once you’ve written it!’
August 4 Note: 1.30pm start to set up
* Book Sale 2: Bring your unwanted books and buy someone else’s
* 2.30pm Presentation Afternoon for Annual Literary Competition
September 1 Note: 1.30pm start for monthly meeting business and reports
* Annual General Meeting
* Critiquing Session in lieu of workshop – bring copies of your writing.
* Workshop: Carolyn Alfonzetti – ‘Writing for Children – A Feast of Possibilities!’
* Workshop: Anita Howard – ‘Why does anyone read?’
* Christmas Party at a venue to be announced. 6.00 for 6.30pm
Please note that although as much care as possible has been taken in compiling the programme, alterations may occur. In this event every effort will be made to notify members in advance.
Full printable .PDF of the programme can be accessed here: