Each meeting is the first Saturday of the month and commences at 1:30pm at the Pennant Hills Community Centre (Cnr Yarrara & Ramsay Roads – next to the library).
Members are welcome to participate in critiquing sessions after each workshop. Feel free to bring along a poem or a page or two of your latest story.
A printable version of the programme is available here: 2017- 2017-eh-faw-programme
The printable version includes details of the structure of meetings, more information on each workshop, including warm-ups, internal competitions for paid up members, and notes on how to present your work when submitting it.
(Please note, sometimes unforeseen circumstance can lead to a need to adjust the programme content)
* Workshop: Carmel Summers – ‘Freeing Your Creative Self
*Workshop: Anne Benjamin – ‘Before we start to write: background resources’
*Workshop: Laura Davis – ‘Writing About Emotional Wounds’
* Workshop: Dr Anne Howard – ‘Structured Verse – Building Various Forms’
*Guest Workshop: Pamela Freeman – ‘How to write for older readers’
* Book Sale 1: Bring your unwanted books and buy someone else’s.
*Guest Workshop: Jacqui Winn – ‘Troubleshooting the Short Story’
August 5 Note: 1.30pm start to set up
* Book Sale 2: Bring your unwanted books and buy someone else’s
* 2.30pm Presentation Afternoon for Annual Literary Competition
September 2 Note: 1.30pm start for monthly meeting business and reports
* Annual General Meeting
* Critiquing Session in lieu of workshop – bring copies of your writing.
* Workshop: Elizabeth Collins – ‘Let’s have some fun – writing humour’
* Workshop: Sally Lewry – ‘Crime fiction – bringing out the detective in all of us’
* Christmas Party at a venue to be announced. 6.00 for 6.30pm
Please note that although as much care as possible has been taken in compiling the programme, alterations may occur. In this event every effort will be made to notify members in advance.
Full printable .PDF of the programme can be accessed here: